The Many Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Bath Salts
Salt Water Baths or Soaks to Help Heal Your Body
A brine bath is a terrific way to revitalize your body both outside and in by soothing
skin diseases and irritations while strengthening the immune system and detoxifying your body.
Your skin is an excretive organ that mirrors the condition of your intestines. When
you take a brine bath, the salt minerals penetrate your skin in form of ions. This stimulation will cause natural cell growth
in your living cell layers. Bio-energetic weak points will be balanced and your body's energy flow will be activated. While
anyone can benefit from a brine bath, it is particularly soothing for those with:
· Various skin diseases.
· Rheumatism and joint diseases.
· A post-operative care regimen.
· Gynecological diseases.
· Recurring infections
· Severe insect bites, blisters or wounds.
· Skin irritations from poison oak, ivy or sumac.
The detoxifying effect of a brine bath can be compared to a 3-day fast. Since salt
is also a disinfectant, several people can safely use the same water. To get the full benefits of a therapeutic natural crystal
salt bath, the right salt concentration is critical. The salt concentration has to be at least the same as the one of your
body fluids (approximately 1%) to activate the osmotic exchange ratio. The formula for a 1% solution is 1.28 ounces of salt
per gallon of water.
· Since a full tub normally takes from 100 to 120 liters (27 - 32 gallons) of water, at least
1.2 kg. (2.6 pounds) of natural salt is required.
· To avoid using body energy to balance the temperature, the water should be approximately 37°
Celsius (97° Fahrenheit). Your bath will remain at a constant temperature because the biophysical composition of the salt
is so strong - it causes the molecules to move in a constant rhythm.
· Do not use any bath additives, soaps, or oils.
· Your bath should last 20 to 30 minutes. During this time, the temperature and the makeup of
the brine bath is comparable to the amniotic fluid in which the embryo floats in the prenatal state.
· Do not shower off, simply dry off with a towel.
· After your brine bath, you should rest for at least 30 minutes.
WARNING: While brine baths have a positive
effect on many ailments, they are also demanding on your circulatory system. If you suffer from weak or poor heart circulation,
always consult your doctor first.
to Use the Bath Salt for Other Specific Therapies
When water and salt combine, the positive ions of the salt surround the negative ions
of the water molecules and the negative ions of the salt surround the positive ions of the water molecules. The ions become
hydrolyzed and the geometrical structure of the salt and the water is changed to form a completely new structure.
In this process called hydration, the biophotons (photons emitted spontaneously by
all living systems) stored in the crystal salt are set free in the brine, which occurs without any additional energy. This
is pure hydration energy. You can make your own brine right in your own home.
You can start to use crystal salt for these purposes by putting enough in water in
until the solution becomes saturated. This solution is called brine and is also referred to as "sole" (so-lay). The crystal
salt is available in two forms for your convenience. A pulverized version you can use on your food and larger blocks you can
dissolve in water.
To use the Himalayan Bath Salt for therapies you can follow these steps:
· Loosely fill a closable glass container (Mason jar) with several crystal salt stones.
Add natural spring water or purified water, completely filling the container
· After approximately 24 hours, look to see if the salt crystals have completely dissolved.
If so, add a few more crystals. When the water can no longer dissolve any more salt, the salt crystals will sit at the bottom
of the jar without dissolving. At this point the solution will have become saturated at 26%, and is ready for use.
· The glass can be refilled again and again with water and salt, continuing this process.
This brine solution is completely sterile and germ-free allowing it to be stored for years in a closed glass container without
changing or decomposing.
There are many ways to directly experience the natural medicinal potency of brine including
drinking it and seasoning your favorite foods with it, bathing in the brine solution, and inhaling steam from brine. You can
also use the Himalayan Crystal Salt to substitute for cooking salt, but it should not be heated
over 42º Celsius.
While you will certainly find many other beneficial uses for sole (brine) made from
Himalayan Crystal Salt, here are some common problems that the sole may help with:
- Acne - Try a brine face wash, or the Himalayan
Crystal Salt mixed with fragrance free, natural soap as a face or body scrub.
- Ear Infections- Use the brine as eardrops for
- Foot Fungus- Soothe your feet with a brine foot
- Motion Sickness - Try wearing salt in a pouch
around your neck for its energetic balancing properties.
- Nasal Congestion - Try a nasal wash with a few
grains of crystal salt in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Psoriasis - Rub brine directly on the affected
skin and let dry.
- Sore Throats - Gargle with warm brine solution,
but don't swallow.
Freely with Brine Steam Inhalation Therapy
Brine steam inhalation can be used as an aid with chronic and specific illnesses of
the upper and lower respiratory tracts such as asthma, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections. For inhalation therapy the
ratio between water and salt should be at least 1%, or .35 ounces of salt per quart of water. For effective inhalation therapy,
you'll need to follow the instructions below:
· Fill a wide pot or pan with 1- 2 quarts of water and heat until it begins to steam.
· Add a minimum of 0.7 of coarse or crushed Himalayan Crystal Salt. After the salt dissolves,
cover your head with a large towel, and holding your face over the pot far enough so as not to burn yourself – inhale
· Inhale the brine steam for 10-15 minutes.
· The respiratory tract needs about 30 minutes following the inhalation to accumulate and bind
the pollutants in mucous to be coughed up.
· Repeat the procedure as needed throughout the day until symptoms recede.
Experience has shown with diseases affecting the deeper respiratory pathways, using
a ratio of up to 8% will achieve better results. However, you should always start with a 1% solution, and then slowly increase
the concentration with each treatment.